In an interior, Maria kneels on the left in front of a beginner, with a red book and a blue coat, from the right, the archangel Gabriel wearing a white girdled tunic and a cloak with a green inner lining. In his left hand he holds a staff with a scroll of scrolls, then in gothic majus "AGPDT". In the background of the room two windows overlooking a landscape a punctured gold background.
Before 1930: unknown;
26.2.1930: offered by Hugo Helbing, Munich as No. 369 (Oberdeutsch, end of the 15th century) with the Counterpart "Jesus beruft Petrus und Andreas zum Apostelamt", No. 370;
27-28. March 1931: offered again in the auction "Aus verschiedenem Besitz" with Hugo Helbing, Munich as No. 194 ("Fränkische Schule um 1500, vielleicht Meister des Altars von Feuchtwangen");
1952: owned by Dr. Benno Griebert, Meersburg;
26.11.1952: Purchase for the Städtische Bodenseemuseum
Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen